The Ethnic-Minority Scholarship application period is now OPEN!
The annual scholarship competition is open to Mecklenburg County high school seniors of African American or African diaspora culture. Ten Mecklenburg County high school seniors will be awarded a one-time scholarship to help with college expenses.
Who is Eligible: Applicants who meet the following criteria:
● GPA of 2.5 or higher
● Demonstrated leadership capabilities (church, school, community service)
● Evidence of financial need
● Resident of Mecklenburg County (legacy applicants exempt)
● Entering college or university as a freshman in the Fall of scholarship year
APPLICATION PACKET (All documents must be included):
● One-page typed essay demonstrating financial need and why applicant desires the scholarship
● Two letters of support from school, community, church, or employers. Letters need to be signed.
● An official transcript, listing class rank and GPA
● Copy of acceptance letter from the institution the student plans to attend
All application packets MUST be submitted ELECTRONICALLY by April 6, 2023. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
To submit your completed application packet, please complete the Google form and attach a PDF file with all the required application documents listed above. The PDF files should be named “EMS-Full Name”.
● Recipients who attend a four-year college or university will receive a one-time scholarship up to $2,000.
● Recipients who attend a community college will receive a one-time scholarship up to $1000.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wishing you the best!